Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Proposal

For this short film project, I am very interested in making a comedy piece. I don’t know much about flash or it’s limitations, but I am always interested in the idea being funny, and the possibility of concept, editing, visual appeal, and good sound making a good piece of work.

I would like to use simple characters with a strong design element. These characters should be scary looking but still have a cute, interesting and funny look.

The types of stories I want to tell are ironic, satirical tales with lots of black humor. I think the most effective stories disarm the audience with humor, and then at the end, strike the audience with an important idea. I like to deal with mostly mature themes, and inappropriate things that are funny but people think are wrong to laugh at…but I’m not out to offend anyone.

I don’t necessarily have a story planned out…that generally takes a longer time for me to nail down. But I do have good guidelines on what kind of thing I want to do. So I will continue to work on ideas for the story, and have something more solid soon.

3 comments:

  1. satirical humor= awesome. Obviously since your premise isn't really clear yet I can't give you too much more critique except to steer away from stuff that is TOO mature, since that's basically the only constraint we were given by our professor. But I look forward to having a good guffaw at your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. comedy pieces are fun and easy to do....you are wise to decide on using simple character designs..s'what i'm doing for my own pieces..the simpler it is the easier it is to animate..well kinda. the idea behind the..concept of the way you want to make your comedy is good..that is a good way to go about it..so yeah go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this is as close to your premise post as you have right now, since I'm sure you're working on an official one as I type. I like your ideas, and think that black satirical humor is always good. The only thing I'd watch out for is the fact that the professor did give us that huge list of no-no's, which completely sucks but hey, we're gonna have limits when we're out in the real world, too. I think you'll be able to pull something off though that can still be both racy and funny. Just involve death or something.

    ReplyDelete